This week, Microsoft announced their latest version of the Office Suite: 2013. As you can imagine, Excel will offer very nice improvements for analyzing data. The most important improvements over Excel 2010 are:
- Calculated fields for OLAP cubes (you’ll need to know MDX)
- Recommended charts: which chart type fits best with my data?
- Charts preview when you create a chart or alter an existing one
- Easy change of a charts’ color scheme
- Embedded Power View reports
You can find a nice preview here.